Did your dentist spot a cavity in your teeth? Are you recommended to have a filling by your dentist? Then you should know the materials used for the procedure. Among them, the most effective are composite dental fillings.
What Are Composite Dental Fillings?
Composite fillings exhibit a more natural finish on your tooth. This material is customized according to the shade of your teeth, making it unnoticeable whenever someone looks into your mouth.
This material is a composite of plastic resin reinforced with a powdered glass filler. It is used in numerous dental restorations like fillings, veneers, inlays, and crowns. Sometimes, this material is also used for repairing parts of broken or chipped teeth.
Procedure Involved in Composite Dental Fillings
The process of getting a composite filling is straightforward and can be done in one visit:
● First, the dentist selects the shade of the composite material.
● Then, using local anesthesia, he numbs the tooth and the surrounding areas.
● He drills deep into the tooth enamel to remove the damaged part of your tooth.
● After removing the infected part, they clean and dry out the area appropriately and prepare the tooth for the fillings.
● Then, they will start layering the composite material into the hole of the tooth.
● Using a laser, the material is hardened, contoured, and polished to make it look like a natural tooth.
● Lastly, an examination is done to check the proper function of your bite.
Benefits of Composite Dental Fillings
Composite dental fillings provide the following benefits:
● The composite material is highly durable.
● It looks naturally part of the tooth.
● The procedures are usually completed in just a single visit.
● It is fracture-resistant.
● It can fix minor flaws as well as larger damages.
With a composite dental filling, a person can satisfy his desire of looking good and having nothing that distracts from his smile. It also prevents the tooth from weakening due to further tooth decay. Always consult your dentist for the best dental filling options. This way, you will be aware of the outcome of the treatment.
Get high-quality composite dental fillings from Pooya Soltanzadeh, DDS, MS, FACP, and his team of dental experts at Anaheim Hills, CA. For more details call Dentist Anaheim Hills at (714) 974-0949, book online, or visit us at 8101 E Kaiser Blvd Suite 120, Anaheim Hills, CA 92808.