People need to undergo crown lengthening procedures for various reasons. It is the treatment that makes more of the tooth’s surface visible for cosmetic or oral health concerns. If you are interested in a crown lengthening process, this blog could be very helpful to you.
What Is Crown Lengthening?
Crown lengthening is an oral surgery that makes teeth look longer by eliminating excess gum and even bone tissue. This procedure is frequently performed either by your dentist or periodontist. Also, it works in sculpting an uneven gum line and producing a more symmetrical smile.
Not only that, it may be performed for other dental concerns like supporting the installation of a crown. Even untreated cavities may require this process to be treated.
Advantages of Crown Lengthening
It may surprise you to know that this cosmetic procedure is done only once. When creating a border or symmetrical smile, crown lengthening provides other dental care benefits, too. It also helps in reducing tooth decay as more tooth is exposed for cleaning.
Treatment Involved in Crown Lengthening
Crown lengthening treatment often takes an hour to complete. First, an X-Ray is taken of the patient’s mouth. Also, a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and bone structure are done before the treatment. Then, they will determine the amount of gum that needs to be removed or contoured for the desired outcome.
Aftercare for Crown Lengthening
The gums might require a few months to fully recover from the crown lengthening procedure. Though you can continue with your daily activities, you have to follow aftercare tips like:
● Applying ice packs for 20 minutes to reduce swelling immediately after the surgery.
● Avoid hot food items and beverages to prevent unwanted bleeding.
● Avoid strenuous activities for 48 to 72 hours after the treatment.
● Remember to take medications prescribed by your dentist.
● During the entire recovery procedure, you will also be asked to avoid hard, spicy, or sticky foods.
● Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking for the first 7 to 10 days after the treatment.
● Schedule a follow-up appointment with the dentist to keep track of the healing process.
It is a relatively effective procedure for people who want to achieve a beautiful and healthy-looking smile. And Pooya Soltanzadeh, DDS, MS, DABP, and his team of dental experts can make sure that you get the best results. For more details call Dentist Anaheim Hills CA at (714) 974-0949, book online, or visit us at 8101 E Kaiser Blvd Suite 120, Anaheim Hills, CA 92808.