Cavities are a very prevalent dental problem. It's critical to spot a cavity early on so that it doesn't spread and damage the tooth further. Cavities have been treated by dentists for ages! DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection provides cutting-edge technology to enable dentists to detect cavities right from its beginning.
What is DIAGNOdent?
A DIAGNOdent laser is a fluorescent laser that aids in the detection of cavities as they form. This laser is capable of determining even the smallest traces of tooth decay that enables treating cavities before they begin to take any serious toll on your teeth. The laser scans the areas of your mouth that are difficult to reach and may be more prone to cavities. It gives immediate and accurate results. The procedure of diagnosis using DIGNOdent is simple and will not involve any pain. The laser is sterilizable and helps in the early detection of cavities in a unique way. DIAGNOdent will also display the state of each tooth's health.
How Does DIAGNOdent Work?
The procedure of detecting cavities using a DIAGNOdent laser is easy, painless and usually completed in a few minutes. You will comfortably sit on the dental chair while we use the DIAGNOdent laser to scan the area of your mouth. The laser beam produces fluorescence when it comes into contact with decay. The larger the cavity detected, the more fluorescence appears. The device also generates a beeping sound that also becomes louder whenever the laser detects decay. Once the laser has detected decay in your mouth, we will advise treatments and medications to stop it from causing any further damage.
Benefits of DIAGNOdent Cavity Detection
- This approach gives a precise and novel method of detecting cavities that a visual examination of the teeth cannot. This device can detect even the tiniest signs of tooth decay.
- You'll benefit from fewer and smaller treatments and dental appointments to treat the decay, as well as a lighter dental bill to pay when your procedure is over.
- The procedure is non-invasive and painless. Children or adults will not be afraid of the process, which will encourage them to attend the dentist on a frequent basis.
- DIAGNOdent does not use radiation. Instead, it scans teeth for cavities that would otherwise go unnoticed using safe fluorescent light energy.
- There isn't any probing or scraping required. The laser does a quick scan and emits a gentle, audible alert when it detects decay.
The smallest of decay can negatively influence your dental health. It is important to treat early signs of cavities before they cause greater damage. We may rest assured that there is no concealed degradation by employing the DIAGNOdent laser.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Anaheim Hills, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist. Please call us at (714) 974-0949 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.