A full mouth reconstruction is a process of restoring and reconstructing the look and function of your mouth by employing various treatments concurrently. Additionally, the words "whole mouth rehabilitation" and "restoration" can be used to refer to a full mouth reconstruction.
What Comprises Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction is often performed by a general and cosmetic dentist who performs a series of procedures in the patient's mouth to restore the patient's look and ability to speak. It is also performed to restore and preserve the patient's gums, ensuring overall oral health in all areas.
The term "full mouth reconstruction" refers to a surgery that includes many cosmetic dentistry procedures. These operations may include dental bridges, crowns, fillings, dental implants, tooth extractions, veneers, among others.
What Procedures Are Included?
- Bone grafting is necessary to strengthen your jaw bone in preparation for the placement of a dental implant. Also, orthodontics, e.g., braces, are needed to move teeth into the proper positions for a pleasing appearance.
- Veneers can improve the look of your teeth by whitening, reshaping, resizing, and fixing gaps, among other things.
- Dental implants may be advised to replace a lost tooth or a tooth that has been pulled. It is critical to replace lost teeth immediately to prevent future jaw bone problems.
- Crown placement can assist in strengthening a root canal-treated tooth. Additionally, dental crowns can be used to cover a natural tooth that has gotten discolored or gone out of shape due to cracking or chipping.
- Gum contouring improves the appearance of your whole smile.
- Orthographic surgery is necessary in severe circumstances to realign the jaw in a more functional position for your smile.
- Deep cleanings ensure good tooth and gum care. Total oral health is critical, and each patient should see their dentist every six months for professional teeth cleaning.
The procedures listed above are just some of the various procedures that we can perform during your full mouth reconstruction. We can ascertain what work is required in your mouth by conducting X-rays and dental examinations.
At Pooya Soltanzadeh, DDS, MS, Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry, we can do a full mouth reconstruction to ensure the health and function of your smile. If you have chips, cracks, toothaches, missing teeth, muscle or jaw bone discomfort, or jaw-related migraines, Pooya Soltanzadeh, DDS, MS, FACP can address these concerns and restore your smile to health.
For more details call us at (714) 974-0949, book online, or visit us at 8101 E Kaiser Blvd Suite 120, Anaheim Hills, CA 92808.